Tuesday 15 October 2013

Five most important things you want in a mate

Omg! Can't believe I haven't blogged in days, I was so determined not to fall off the bandwagon on this one, so ashamed of myself *covers face* I won't even begin to explain myself before I bore you all...

Okay, I read this topic and thought, I got this one sorted....tall, dark or fair (not fussy), handsome like Malcolm in Single Ladies lol, rich and God fearing...... Just joking!!!!!! Honestly, I think having to reduce my extremely long list to five things is just not fair! Okay, okay....getting serious now.

Anyone that knows me well enough would probably tell you what number one on the list would be. He has to love and fear God. That is a non-negotiable for me. It isn't even up for discussion. Abeg, I no wan headache (for my non-Nigerian readers.... I don't need the stress). In my own opinion, a man that loves and fears God will think of how he will be displeasing God if he did something wrong rather than what I would think. So once again, he must love and fear God! Any guys who are reading and were thinking of stepping to me, please kindly delete yourself if you aren't on this p!

Next! Please I know how people say that ermmmm, if the guy likes you, you can work with that even if you don't like him like that *rolls eyes* I must be attracted to him! I don't want to manage. If I have waited this long for a spouse, I ain't settling on this one because attraction is the oil that will keep wheels turning when other things don't. And I don't mean that he has to be super hot, makes me want to melt like butter, bite my lips good looking but I won't say no if he is, lol!

He must be kind hearted and treat people well. Need I say more?

Hardworking and responsible are almost the different sides of the same coin for me. They just seem to go hand in hand and are an attractive trait in a man.

And finally, he must be my friend in every sense of the word. At the end of the day, if all the butterflies in my tummy decide to go on holiday, don't have all the cash and riches we want, blah blah blah (you get the point) but we have friendship, I am a happy bunny :)

And for the record, I do want all the other things that most, if not all ladies want. I want the handsome, rich guy, someone with similar interests, someone who prays, well read, mature, spoils me etc. But I remember that he that finds a wife finds a good thing and obtains favour from God and that God will grant me the desires of my heart if I delight in Him so those things that I haven't listed will be part of the package ;)





2 comments:

  1. i believe you. i think the long wait is enough reason to not just make do with what's there or more accurately for this post, who's there. he must be attractive at least to you. and of course, i must agree with the other traits. let's pray that God will indeed give us what we deserve. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. btw, allow me to share what my future spouse needs to be.
    http://baredmysoul.blogspot.com/2013/10/five-things-my-future-spouse-needs-to-be.html

    ReplyDelete