Thursday 10 October 2013

Where you are in your life vs. where you thought you would be at this point

2 posts in the space of hours!!!! *giving myself a pat on the back* lol! If no one will praise me, I'll praise myself.

Today's topic made me smile because I recently had this pity party in front of God where I listed all the things I should have had by this age and time in my life. And you know how God is, He smiled, listened to my whinge and then just reminded me of all that I have at this point in my life that I may not have had if I got all the things I want.

I had all these grand plans that by now, I would have seen more of the world than I have, I would be married with the 2.5 kids, living in a house that was all mine, higher up the career ladder than I am at the moment, I would be doing and changing things on a global platform and so on and so forth......
But I am not any of those things! At least, not today. And I am glad. In fact, I am elated, ecstatic, overjoyed.... What other adjective can I use?

Because the things that I have learnt in the past 3 years of actively desiring those things and more, have made me all that I am. The people I have met, the opportunities that I have had, the places I have seen, the people that I have been able to bless and who have blessed me...... how would that have happened if I had things go exactly my way? I wouldn't trade the past couple of years of my life for anything because God used those times and experiences to make me the woman that I am today. And those experiences are still molding me for the future. Plus who knows? Maybe I might have been a divorced, miserable, out of job mother of one if those things had happened exactly when I wanted them.

We never know what we are being saved or spared from when things don't go our way but I have learnt that when things don't work out as planned such as my life here and now, I just go back to the One who knows it all and say show me, what next :)

The next time you feel like going on and on about where you should be by now, do as my pastor said this past Sunday. Count your blessings one after the other and you might just be amazed at how much you have received and achieved in spite of those things that you think you lack.

Stay blessed and join the challenge just for the fun of it. That's what I am doing.
http://thesinglewoman.net/2013/10/04/the-single-womans-30-day-blogging-challenge/







No comments:

Post a Comment